Trimmed in a soft lambskin leather, the Check Scarf looks great with both casual and dressier outfits. The beauty of this design is you can wear it two ways, one side is a lighter shade, with the reverse darker, giving you two styling options. Check patterns look good with plain coats, jackets and sweaters.
- Size: approx. 140cm x 20cm (55″x 8″)
- Unisex design with masculine feel
- Soft, warm, natural fibres
- 55% Merino, 35% Possum Fur, 10% Mulberry Silk.
- Made in New Zealand
- Pewter/Black – Pewter one side/Black on reverse
- Bark/Mocha – Bark one side/ Mocha on reverse
- Black/Pewter – Black one side/Pewter on reverse
About Possum Merino
Possum Merino is a unique New Zealand yarn made from blending natures finest, Possum fur and Merino lamb’s wool.
Possum fibre has a hollow core that traps air and thus gives excellent insulation with an extremely high warmth to weight ratio. When blended with fine Merino, it creates a luxuriously soft, lightweight garment with low pilling properties and superior fibre strength. Research has shown it to be 55% warmer than Merino alone and 35% warmer than cashmere.
Ecowool Care about the Environment
The use of Possum fibre in New Zealand benefits our environment by contributing to the effort to protect our native forest and birds.
The brushtail Possum was introduced to New Zealand in 1837, it is a natural predator and an ecological threat. Each night possums eat over 21,000 tons of native vegetation. In addition to this they compete for food with native birds, also eating the birds eggs, chicks and insects. The commercial use of possum fur fibre is encouraged by conservation groups and plays an important role in the protection of New Zealand’s native fuana, flora and wildlife.
Your purchase not only means that you have acquired a unique garment that will give you years of pleasure, but also that you have contributed to the preservation of New Zealand’s natural habitats, an environmentally sound choice.
Caring for your Knitwear
Possum Merino knitwear is very easy care. It is naturally odour resistant so requires less washing, which is kinder on you, and the environment.
When washing is required, please refer to your garment care label for specific washing instructions.
Gentle hand wash in cool water using a small amount of mild wool detergent.
- Do not use bleach or spot cleaning products
- Rinse well in cool water – hot water will cause shrinkage
- We recommend using the same water temperature for both washing and rinsing your garment
- Gently squeeze and/or roll garment in a towel to absorb excess water
- Dry flat in shade
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron on wool setting
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.