The Fine Rib scarf is a simple classic design that will work for so many occasions. It co-ordinates beautifully with the Possum Merino Short Glovet, or add a pop of colour to a winter coat or sweater.
Note: There are two different weights of scarf to choose from , the Heritage Collection colours have a higher merino wool content (for winter & trans-seasons) and the remaining colours, have a higher possum fur content. (winter weight). Both are equally soft a lovely to wear.
- Size: approx. 150cm x 21cm (59″ x 8″)
- Great range of colours
- Co-ordinating Possum Merino Short Glovelet ( link below)
- *Heritage Collection – this merino comes from an old family farm in the South Island of New Zealand
- 70% Heritage Fine Merino, 20% Possum – Silver, lilac, plum
- 55% Fine Merino, 35% Possum, 10% Silk – Red, Mint, Orchid, Heather
- Made in New Zealand
About Possum Merino
Possum Merino is a unique New Zealand yarn made from blending natures finest, Possum fur and Merino lamb’s wool.
Possum fibre has a hollow core that traps air and thus gives excellent insulation with an extremely high warmth to weight ratio. When blended with fine Merino, it creates a luxuriously soft, lightweight garment with low pilling properties and superior fibre strength. Research has shown it to be 55% warmer than Merino alone and 35% warmer than cashmere.
Ecowool Care about the Environment
The use of Possum fibre in New Zealand benefits our environment by contributing to the effort to protect our native forest and birds.
The brushtail Possum was introduced to New Zealand in 1837, it is a natural predator and an ecological threat. Each night possums eat over 21,000 tons of native vegetation. In addition to this they compete for food with native birds, also eating the birds eggs, chicks and insects. The commercial use of possum fur fibre is encouraged by conservation groups and plays an important role in the protection of New Zealand’s native fuana, flora and wildlife.
Your purchase not only means that you have acquired a unique garment that will give you years of pleasure, but also that you have contributed to the preservation of New Zealand’s natural habitats, an environmentally sound choice.
Caring for your Knitwear
Possum Merino knitwear is very easy care. It is naturally odour resistant so requires less washing, which is kinder on you, and the environment.
When washing is required, please refer to your garment care label for specific washing instructions.
Gentle hand wash in cool water using a small amount of mild wool detergent.
- Do not use bleach or spot cleaning products
- Rinse well in cool water – hot water will cause shrinkage
- We recommend using the same water temperature for both washing and rinsing your garment
- Gently squeeze and/or roll garment in a towel to absorb excess water
- Dry flat in shade
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron on wool setting