Our range of beautiful Mohair throws are made from the fleece of New Zealand Angora Goats and come in gorgeous soft pastels, to rich and vibrant hues, something to suit every décor.
Perfect lightweight extra blanket for your bed or drape over a lounge chair to add a splash of colour. Wrap up in the lovely warmth and softness of natural Mohair.
Please Note: Manuka, Denim, Glacier and Mulberry out of stock until late-February.
- Breathable, durable fibres, will look beautiful for many years
- Natural silky lustre and great insulating properties
- Extremely soft, light weight warmth
- Easy Care, non crease, odour resistant
- This Luxury fibre is made from shorn fleece of the long haired Angora Goat
- Stack of throws in image (top to bottom): Manuka, Cream, Dove, Paper
- Size: 185cm x 130cm (72.8″ x 51″ ) plus fringed ends
- Made in New Zealand
Easy Care Mohair: Shake to remove any dust/dirt or if required Hand wash wool detergent, Do not tumble dry. Mohair dries quicker than wool.
WHY WE LOVE MOHAIR:-
Mohair is the long, silky hair of the Angora goat and is one of the most versatile textile fibres, it has several unique properties that are not found in any other animal fibre:
SOFT LIGHTWEIGHT WARMTH – Mohair is very soft and light weight, and provides lovely insulating warmth.
DURABILITY – Mohair can be twisted and bent without damage to the fibre; it is the most durable animal fibre.
WRINKLE RESISTANT – It is very elastic; making it resistant to wrinkling, stretching, or sagging.
UNIQUE LUSTRE – One of mohair’s most important qualities is its ability to take dye and to display brilliant colors that resist fading by time or hard wear.
NON-FLAMMABLILITY – Mohair will not burn unless it is exposed to a direct flame.
CARING FOR YOUR MOHAIR- A vigorous shake will dislodge most dirt particles.
– Soak in tepid water using wool detergent
– Gently agitate by hand to dislodge any dirt particles
– Do not agitate unduly.
– Rinse in clean, cool water and spin to rid excess water.
– A small amount of fabric softener can be used if desired.
– Hang over a line or lay flat to dry. (Mohair dries quite quickly.)
– When dry, a brisk shake or gently brush (with a hair brush) will restore the pile.
– Do not tumble dry.
– Mohair throwscan be dry cleaned by a reputable dry cleaner.