The Tui throw is a beautiful mix of a deep blue charcoal and lighter grey, the colouring inspired by our much loved New Zealand Tui Bird. Made of luxuriously soft Mohair from the shorn fleece of the NZ Angora Goat. It’s the perfect extra layer of lightweight warmth for across your bed or draped over a favourite chair.
- Breathable, durable fibres, will look beautiful for many years
- Natural silky lustre and great insulating properties
- Extremely soft, light weight warmth
- Easy Care, non crease, odour resistant
- Size: 185cm x 130cm (72.8″ x 51″ ) plus fringed ends
- 100% NZ Mohair
- Made in New Zealand
Easy Care Mohair: Shake to remove any dust/dirt or if required Hand wash wool detergent, Do not tumble dry. Mohair dries quicker than wool.
WHY WE LOVE MOHAIR:-
Mohair is the long, silky hair of the Angora goat and is one of the most versatile textile fibres, it has several unique properties that are not found in any other animal fibre:
SOFT LIGHTWEIGHT WARMTH – Mohair is very soft and light weight, and provides lovely insulating warmth.
DURABILITY – Mohair can be twisted and bent without damage to the fibre; it is a most durable fibre.
WRINKLE RESISTANT – It is very elastic; making it resistant to wrinkling, stretching, or sagging.
UNIQUE LUSTRE – One of mohair’s most important qualities is its ability to take dye and to display brilliant colors that resist fading by time or hard wear.
NON-FLAMMABLILITY – Mohair will not burn unless it is exposed to a direct flame.
CARE – Mohair is very easy care, generally all that is required to keep your rug clean is a vigorous shake to dislodge dirt or dust particles. Place out of sun to air if freshening required.
WASHING:- (Should you need to wash your Mohair)
– Hand wash in tepid water using wool detergent
– Then gently agitate by hand to dislodge any dirt particles
– Do not agitate unduly or rub
– Rinse in clean, cool water and spin to rid excess water
– A small amount of fabric softener can be used if desired
– Hang over a line or lay flat to dry (Mohair dries quite quickly.)
– When dry, a brisk shake or gently brush (with a hair brush) will restore the pile
– DO NOT tumble dry
– Mohair throws can be dry cleaned by a reputable dry cleaner