This Mohair checked throw is incredibly soft and will provide light weight delicious warmth and will add a fun pop of pastel colour and style to a baby or child’s room. Would also look fabulous in a cottage or beach house draped on a chair or across a bed.
- Breathable, durable fibres, will look beautiful for many years
- Natural silky lustre
- Extremely soft, light weight warmth
- Easy Care, non crease, odour resistant
- This Luxury fibre is made from shorn fleece of the long haired Angora Goat
- Size: 185cm x 130cm (72.8″ x 51″ ) plus fringed ends
- Made in New Zealand
WHY WE LOVE MOHAIR:-
Mohair is the long, silky hair of the Angora goat and is one of the most versatile textile fibres, it has several unique properties that are not found in any other animal fibre:
SOFT LIGHTWEIGHT WARMTH – Mohair is very soft and light weight, and provides lovely insulating warmth.
DURABILITY – Mohair can be twisted and bent without damage to the fibre; it is the most durable animal fibre.
WRINKLE RESISTANT – It is very elastic; making it resistant to wrinkling, stretching, or sagging.
UNIQUE LUSTRE – One of mohair’s most important qualities is its ability to take dye and to display brilliant colors that resist fading by time or hard wear.
NON-FLAMMABLILITY – Mohair will not burn unless it is exposed to a direct flame.
CARING FOR YOUR MOHAIR- A vigorous shake will dislodge most dirt particles.
– Soak in tepid water using wool detergent
– Gently agitate by hand to dislodge any dirt particles
-Do not agitate unduly.
– Rinse in clean, cool water and spin to rid excess water.
– A small amount of fabric softener can be used
– Hang over a line or lay flat to dry. (Mohair dries quite quickly.)
– When dry, a brisk shake or gently brush (with a hair brush) will restore the pile.
– Do not tumble dry.
– Can be dry cleaned by a reputable dry cleaner.