Finest quality pure lambskin, soft and gentle on the skin. Warm in winter, cool in summer, Ecowool sheepskin baby rugs make wonderful natural comforters for you and your baby to enjoy.
They can absorb up to 30 percent of their own weight of moisture without feeling cold or clammy, creating a natural dry zone around your baby.
Size approx. 50cm x 76cm / 20" x 30".
Trimmed short wool (pile 2.5cm or 1") or Natural length long wool (pile 5cm or 2").
Baby is awake on the Natural length Long Wool Honey rug, and asleep on the Trimmed Short Wool Ivory rug.
This machine washable nursery rug is our best seller and makes a perfect gift.
Ecowool's natural baby care sheepskin rugs are tanned to New Zealand Wool Board specifications for infant use. Sheepskins which meet this specification must have the following special features.
Nursery rugs are completely free from vegetable or other foreign material. Fibre loss must be minimal. Mean staple length of sheepskin to be between 1" and 3". Mean fibre diameter to be no more than 30 microns. Must be unbleached or a pastel shade. Must be effectively sterilised.
Ecowool baby rugs are sterilised using the trademarked 'Sanitise' method.
Ecowool sheepskin rugs are environmentally-friendly and made exclusively from New Zealand sheepskins. They’re manufactured 100% in New Zealand and unlike some sheepskins, they’re not tanned using harsh chemicals like arsenic and formaldehyde and we can assure every stage of their supply and production.
The sheepskins are expertly trimmed, machined and washed and left to dry in the sun. The tanned fleece is then combed over and over by hand to enhance the natural lustre of the sheep’s wool. The finished rug takes over 25 stages, expertly carried out by skilled hands.
Ecowool sheepskin rugs are super-soft, natural and warm creamy white. They’re also available in a range of great colours, and in addition to the standard sizes can be custom made to any dimensions.
Long lasting and a pleasure to own, they’re our best-sellers year after year.
Sheepskin Care and Storage
Sheepskin is incredibly easy to care for, it has an inherent natural ability to repel dirt and liquid.
A regular vacuum using the standard nozzle (only) or shaking the rug is generally all that is required to keep your sheepskin clean.
Your product may have been tightly packaged for shipping and so the wool may appear flattened. Wool fibers are very resilient and will bounce back to their original soft, fluffy appearance with a vigorous shake. Lay the skin flat and any fold marks will disappear naturally after a few days.
In the event further cleaning is required then please follow these specific guidelines
– For small soiled areas, moisten a soft cloth with luke warm water
– Clean affected area using gentle circular motions, DO NOT rub
– If cleaning agent required, use mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free e.g. Ecostore Wool Wash
– Remove excess moisture with dry cloth
– Allow to dry and gently brush with Carding brush
– Complete immersion into cold or lukewarm water ( max 38c/100F) DO NOT use hot
– Use a small amount of mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free
– Rinse thoroughly in cold or lukewarm water.
– Hand squeeze or gently spin by machine to remove excess water
– Follow Drying instructions.
– Machine wash on gentle cycle in lukewarm water (up to 38C/100F) DO NOT use hot
– If you are unsure of the temperature of your washing machine, then only use cold water.
– Use a small amount of a mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free
– DO NOT use fabric softener.
– Hand squeeze or gently spin by machine to remove excess water.
– Follow Drying instructions.
NOTE : Excessive heat will cause hardening of leather and can cause product shrinkage.
– Products should be line or flat dried only.
– Dry away from direct sunlight and direct heat such as heaters, radiators or fires.
– DO NOT tumble dry
– DO NOT iron
– Product should be pulled back into original size and shape while damp prior to drying
– Brush gently with Carding brush while damp and again once completely dry, to encourage original fluffy appearance.
– Due to a special tanning process, Medical Rugs, Baby Rugs and Stroller Fleece can be tumble dried -use cool or warm setting only.
– Products can be drycleaned using a professional drycleaning service.
– We recommend that coloured sheepskin products and Car Seat covers are Drycleaned only.
If you wish to store your sheepskin, place in a cool, airy place away from direct sunlight. We do not recommend storing in plastic bags for an extended period of time as the fibres will not breathe and condensation may occur in warm conditions.
Whilst we endeavor to provide helpful information, washing and drying of sheepskin products is done at your risk and we cannot be held responsible for unforeseen damage that may occur.