To help keep your Sheepskin Footwear looking great, we highly recommend spraying the outward facing suede skin with a Stain and Water Repellent. This will form a protective layer and assist in the prevention of stains and mildew.
Respray with a Stain and Water Repellent every 3 months or after washing.
Hand Washing Sheepskin Footwear
– We recommend Hand Washing ONLY
– Wash in cold or lukewarm water (NOT hot water)
– Use a small amount of mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free e.g. Ecostore Wool Wash
– GENTLY rub the upper surface with a sponge to remove stubborn marks.
PLEASE NOTE: Aggressive rubbing will cause damage to the suede surface
– Rinse in cold water. DO NOT allow to soak.
– Gently squeeze out excess water.
– Stuffing the sheepskin boots/slippers lightly with paper towels will assist in keeping their shape while drying.
– Dry naturally away from direct sunlight, heaters, radiators or fires
PLEASE NOTE: Too much heat will cause sheepskin to wrinkle and harden
– Once dry, lightly buff the suede surface with a dry towel or suede brush.
– Respray your boots/slippers with a protective Stain and Water Repellent
**Please note – it is not recommended to spray the fluffy sheepskin wool, only the suede skin .
All Ecowool branded footwear comes with its own Authenticity and Quality Assurance Card which confirms it’s ethical and eco credentials;
• This Ecowool footwear was lovingly crafted by experienced hands in New Zealand, and was produced in a safe work environment with fair pay and conditions.
• Sheepskins used in the manufacture of this footwear are a natural, renewable resource providing comfort for your feet and kindness to the environment.
• Each step of the production process is environmentally mindful and materials wastage is kept to a minimum.
• All Ecowool footwear is covered by our PEACE OF MIND product warranty, which protects against defective manufacture or materials for a period of 12 months after purchase.