Soft, natural 100% lambskin longwool baby rug (natural length). Also available in shorter shorn wool length.
After an extensive testing program, Bowron Babycare lambskins went on sale in New Zealand and Australia in 1970 and were an instant success. Today Bowron Babycare lambskins are sought after by caring mothers all over the world.
Able to absorb moisture without becoming clammy, these soft cuddly rugs maintain a soft warm area around your baby.
The rugs are processed right here in New Zealand to meet international regulatory and safety standards, and are fully machine washable.
Colour is Soft Oaten.
Length: 80-95cm / 32-37″
Minimum Width: 55cm / 22″
The Bowron name has been synonymous with the world’s finest sheepskin products for over 100 years, and we stock only the ‘Gold Star’ grade of rug – the top of the range.
Bowron rugs are made exclusively from New Zealand sheepskins and are processed here at their tannery in our beautiful South Island. Their exacting standards commit them to conducting their business in an environmentally sensitive manner and to producing products that are high quality, sustainable and safe.
Easy to care for and exceptionally long lasting, Bowron sheepskin rugs are as soft as a cloud and are available as single rugs or as multiple skins.
Bowron can expertly match pelts to form spectacular large sheepskin and area rugs. These can be used on the floor as luxurious coverings, or used as a throw, on beds, or draped over any type of seat.
Bowron sheepskin rugs are a slightly purer, ivory shade than the creamy white Ecowool range.
Sheepskin Care and Storage
Sheepskin is incredibly easy to care for, it has an inherent natural ability to repel dirt and liquid.
A regular vacuum using the standard nozzle (only) or shaking the rug is generally all that is required to keep your sheepskin clean.
Your product may have been tightly packaged for shipping and so the wool may appear flattened. Wool fibers are very resilient and will bounce back to their original soft, fluffy appearance with a vigorous shake. Lay the skin flat and any fold marks will disappear naturally after a few days.
In the event further cleaning is required then please follow these specific guidelines
– For small soiled areas, moisten a soft cloth with luke warm water
– Clean affected area using gentle circular motions, DO NOT rub
– If cleaning agent required, use mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free e.g. Ecostore Wool Wash
– Remove excess moisture with dry cloth
– Allow to dry and gently brush with Carding brush
– Complete immersion into cold or lukewarm water ( max 38c/100F) DO NOT use hot
– Use a small amount of mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free
– Rinse thoroughly in cold or lukewarm water.
– Hand squeeze or gently spin by machine to remove excess water
– Follow Drying instructions.
– Machine wash on gentle cycle in lukewarm water (up to 38C/100F) DO NOT use hot
– If you are unsure of the temperature of your washing machine, then only use cold water.
– Use a small amount of a mild wool detergent, non alkaline, enzyme and bleach free
– DO NOT use fabric softener.
– Hand squeeze or gently spin by machine to remove excess water.
– Follow Drying instructions.
NOTE : Excessive heat will cause hardening of leather and can cause product shrinkage.
– Products should be line or flat dried only.
– Dry away from direct sunlight and direct heat such as heaters, radiators or fires.
– DO NOT tumble dry
– DO NOT iron
– Product should be pulled back into original size and shape while damp prior to drying
– Brush gently with Carding brush while damp and again once completely dry, to encourage original fluffy appearance.
– Due to a special tanning process, Medical Rugs, Baby Rugs and Stroller Fleece can be tumble dried -use cool or warm setting only.
– Products can be drycleaned using a professional drycleaning service.
– We recommend that coloured sheepskin products and Car Seat covers are Drycleaned only.
If you wish to store your sheepskin, place in a cool, airy place away from direct sunlight. We do not recommend storing in plastic bags for an extended period of time as the fibres will not breathe and condensation may occur in warm conditions.
Whilst we endeavor to provide helpful information, washing and drying of sheepskin products is done at your risk and we cannot be held responsible for unforeseen damage that may occur.