If you love wearing our merino possumsilk garments you will equally love Alpaca. This cardigan is loaded with stylish detail with it’s key feature being its softness ….. gorgeous against the skin, it feels like your being hugged! So if you’re looking for a beautiful ultra warm cardigan, with a relaxed fit, oversized buttons, ……and one that gives hugs… then, this is the Cardi for you.
- Generous Relaxed fit
- SIZING – Garment width & length: (refer Sizing Tab )
- Alpaca Wool & Agoya Buttons (refer More Info Tab)
- Small side splits, longer length style, rib detailing
- Colour: Slate is Charcoal
- Softness and warmth
- Model wears: SMALL (H: 5’8″/170cm – Chest 33″/84cm)
- 100% Fine Alpaca
- Made in New Zealand
Model Stats: – H: 5’8″ (170cm) Chest: 33″ – Model wears Small
About Alpaca : – these beautiful animals were originally bred for their fleece by the South American Inca. They found the fleece so luxurious, they named it – ‘Fibre of the Gods’ and has been a highly sort after wool for thousands of years!
Alpaca fleece is a beautiful natural fibre that is lustrously soft. It is different to ‘wool’ as it doesn’t contain lanolin, which makes it hypoallergenic.
– It is exceptionally pleasant to the touch as it doesn’t have that prickly feel sometimes associated with certain types of sheep wool. It’s also very strong and durable.
– Alpaca wool is similar to possum fur with a naturally occurring hollow core to its fibres. This gives it extreme warmth and creates natural insulation.
– Alpaca were first bred for their fleece by the Inca in South America. They found the fleece so luxurious they named it the ‘Fibre of the Gods’, and has been a sort after wool for thousands of years! In more current times, you will find Alpaca in other regions of the world including New Zealand.
AGOYA (Akoya) SHELL BUTTONS:
– These buttons are made from shells that are a by-product of the pearl industry, made from saltwater mother of pearl.
(Main page drop down is your approx chest measurements)
SIZE OF GARMENT:
*WIDTH – is front of garment only
*LENGTH – from centre back of garment
Small – Width 65cm – Length 112cm
Med – Width 67cm – Length 116cm
Lge – Width 69cm – Length 120cm
xLge – Width 71cm – Length 124cm