The Cable Scarf is made from luxurious Alpaca wool. This chunky knit is sure to become your favourite for warmth, style and softness!
- 3 colours – Slate (charcoal), Natural (cream) , Mist (blue)
- Matching beanie available
- Naturally warm, soft, durable
- Renewable, sustainable, biodegradable
- Hypoallergenic alpaca
- 100% Fine Alpaca
- Made in New Zealand
Alpaca fleece is a beautiful natural fibre that is lustrous silky and soft when worn against the skin. It is different to ‘wool’ as it doesn’t contain lanolin, which makes it hypoallergenic.
– It is exceptionally pleasant to the touch as it doesn’t have that prickly feel sometimes associated with certain types of sheep wool. It’s also very strong and durable.
– Alpaca wool is similar to possum fur with a naturally occurring hollow core to its fibres. This gives it extreme warmth and creates natural insulation.
– Alpaca were first bred for their fleece by the Inca in South America. They found the fleece so luxurious they named it the ‘Fibre of the Gods’, and has been a sort after wool for thousands of years! In more current times, you will find Alpaca in other regions of the world including New Zealand.