This chunky cable beanie has been designed with a generous relaxed fit in a slouch style. Alpaca is a soft luxurious wool that is warm, durable and beautiful to wear.
- Colours: Slate (charcoal), Natural (Cream), Mist (Blue) & Dove
- Note: Natural is a beautiful cream, not as white as image
- Generous relaxed fit style
- Matching alpaca cable scarf
- Naturally warm, soft, durable
- Hypoallergenic alpaca
- Renewable, sustainable, biodegradable
- 100% Fine Alpaca
- Made in New Zealand
Alpaca fleece is a beautiful natural fibre that is lustrous silky and soft when worn against the skin. It is different to ‘wool’ as it doesn’t contain lanolin, which makes it hypoallergenic.
– It is exceptionally pleasant to the touch as it doesn’t have that prickly feel sometimes associated with certain types of sheep wool. It’s also very strong and durable.
– Alpaca wool is similar to possum fur with a naturally occurring hollow core to its fibres. This gives it extreme warmth and creates natural insulation.
– Alpaca were first bred for their fleece by the Inca in South America. They found the fleece so luxurious they named it the ‘Fibre of the Gods’, and has been a sort after wool for thousands of years! In more current times, you will find Alpaca in other regions of the world including New Zealand.